Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Works for Me Wednesday- Food mill for baby food!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday- Food mill for baby food!


Thanks Jo for today's blog!

I love making my baby's food because hey I love to cook! It's actually easier than most would think and what works for me to make it even easier is my food mill by Kid & Co. I enjoy the whole process of steaming the veggies or fruits and then grinding it in this little machine. It just makes cooking for him so much fun. I make sure to have the foods super soft so they grind really easily and if they aren't that mushy I just add some water to the mill to help it work quicker.

I have ground: dried prunes (make sure they are very soggy), dried apricots (same as the prunes), peas, corn, potatoes, apples, peaches, carrots, avocado, bananas, sweet potates, butternut squash and so much more I can hardly remember!

I also once made this lentil soup and it was so easy to just put it in the mill and grind it up. It's really simple. It's easy to clean and reassemble also so no yucky dried up left over food stuck anywhere! (It's also dishwasher safe!)




We want to know what works for you at www.mothershideaway.com!

Thanks to We Are THAT Family for hosting Works for Me Wednesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home