Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Things I Love Thursday: Love....Times FIVE!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: Love....Times FIVE!



Thanks to MamaSandy for today's blog!

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a larger/ish family? Like say, FIVE kids? Well, let me tell you it's the most amazing thing in the entire world. I realize that many of you are frantically laughing so hard you may explode and others gasped so loudly you almost woke your cat/dog/baby/significant other. It's true and I am being 100% truthful when I say it's the most amazing feeling to look into those 5 little faces and see the love, intelligence and curiosity that I see every day.

Wondering what brought on this strange, random little thread? Nothing in particular and yet everything all at once. The way the kids woke up this morning and NEEDED me for something...each and every single one of them needed ME to help them with something. It couldn't be Daddy or their teacher, just mommy! The fact that Averie at only 8 months old looked at me with SO MUCH pride today that I almost melted. Literally, I almost dripped into a puddle of mommy right there on the floor because she was walking with a walker/push toy ALL.BY.HERSELF! Can you believe that!? The way the kids came home from school, smile at me and asked ME how my day was before I was even able to ask them. MY KIDS are so big they are asking me how my day went. My stepson even told me that he wanted MY help with his homework, not his dad's help. He asked me to kiss his forehead to check for a fever, not his dad! How do these types of things happen? When did my "baby" become a 14 year old that has some major emotional growing pains to work through yet is getting straight A's? When did my second born become such an intelligent bookworm that he is a literal fountain of knowledge at only 10 years old? How did my first daughter become such a beautiful and imaginative 8 year old? How did every single one of these kids make my day so unbelievably wonderful today?

They were just a part of it, that's how!


What do you love about your kids? Share with us at The Kiddie Pool at www.mothershideaway.com!


Thanks to The Diaper Diaries for having Things I Love Thursday!

1 Comments:

At September 21, 2009 at 1:42 PM , Anonymous thediaperdiaries said...

I think it sounds wonderful. I love the idea of a big family. We are expecting our third and I am amazed at how many people thing that it will be overwhelming. My kids are my greatest joy!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home