Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Works for Me Wednesday- Lazy Potato Peeler!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday- Lazy Potato Peeler!

Who doesn't love tricks that work for them in the kitchen? Thanks to Jojo for today's blog!

I'm a lazy cook. I try to take the easy way out a lot of times but I do love cooking. I love eating also so I try my hardest to make everything scrumptious.

One of my favorite foods in potatoes. Who doesn't love the mushy goodness of carbs?! BUT I hate peeling potatoes. Hate it with a passion. I especially hate the nobby parts and the nooks and crannies because you have scoop them out with the peeler end. By the time you're done peeling and scrubbing and soaking you realize you should have just bought a bag of Ore Ida fries.

So what I do is lightly rinse them. I get a big pot of water and put the potatoes in. Boil them until they are tender and then I cool them off and peel off the already falling off skin.

Now this works wonders for Mashed potatoes or potato salad but not so well for french fries or home fries or anything involving "fries." What I do for those is I get my husband to wash and scrub and soak.

What works for you? Tell us on www.mothershideaway.com!


Thank you to We Are THAT Family for having Works for Me Wednesday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home