Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Kitchen Tips Tuesday! All Purpose House Cleaner

Monday, July 6, 2009

Kitchen Tips Tuesday! All Purpose House Cleaner

Thanks to Mama Sandy for today's blog!

Have you ever had one of those items around the house that you just can't live without? When I was growing up my mom always had a "cleaning caddy" that she kept all her cleaning supplies in and drug it from room to room. She had the squeegy, window cleaner, furniture polish, old t-shirts for dust rags, toilet bowl cleaner, tile cleaner, old toothbrushes for cleaning grout, etc. It was a total hassle. I used to have the same type of caddy myself because, well, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I ended up getting a steamer because I needed an easier way to clean the grill than to drag out Kevin's pressure washer. I mean, really the pressure washer isn't exactly the easiest tool to just get out and use on a whim. Sure, it will scrape the paint of the international space station from your back yard but it's not exactly convenient to just grab and go.





After using the steamer to clean the grill I was inspired. I kept on going after I used it because it was already plugged in and ready to go so why not? I cleaned the refridgerator handles that even bleach wasn't getting clean and it was great! Anyone that's seen me cook will attest to the fact that it's like watching a spaghetti and meatballs bomb go off in the kitchen. I have actually had to wash splattered spaghetti sauce off of the microwave range hood after cooking spaghetti...repeatedly.

Now when I clean I get out my steamer, fill it up and I use it for just about everything. What I find as a huge bonus is the fact that it disinfects too. I clean the kitchen sink, the stovetop, the inside of the oven, the floors, the toilets, bathroom mirrors. Everything really.

Just fill up the tank on the steamer:



Plug it in and wait for the yellow light:



Place your attachments on and start cleaning:



Seriously, I absolutely love this thing. You know how difficult it is to clean those small spaces between the faucet and the backsplash? Even with a toothbrush? This thing will just shoot the icky stuff out and all you have to do is wipe up a little bit of water and the ick afterwards. Also, I have asthma and setting the oven to self clean is out of the question and absolutely forget about chemical oven cleaners. I don't need those things anymore because the steamer takes care of it all. The attachments are all on board. There are two small brushes, a squeegy, a small angled nozzle to direct a strong spray, and a mop attachment with handle extension.

Another bonus? It will steam wrinkles out of clothes and upholstery. I have a rather elaborate living room curtain setup and it takes forever to iron the sheers, scarves and curtains. With the steamer I don't have to worry about that I just wash them in the washer and hang them on the rod to steam the wrinkles out.

Ok, I will stop there but I think you get the hint. This thing is awesome!


Come visit us at www.mothershideaway.com and tell us what you think!
Visit us to share your Kitchen Tips here: http://www.mothershideaway.com/forums1/showthread.php?t=1690


Thank you to Tammy's Recipes for having Kitchen Tips Tuesday!! http://www.tammysrecipes.com/taxonomy/term/53

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home