Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Works for Me Wednesday!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday!

I cried the other day because my son wouldn't eat his dinner. He threw his milk on the floor because milk is so gross! I sat on the floor next to the spilled milk upset because....there was milk on the floor.

I sobbed in defeat as my 18 month stared at the insanity in front of him. Who was this woman with disheveled hair and tears streaming down her face? Who is this woman that cries over spilled milk?? The look of anger, confusion, and humor crossed his face in an instant and he began to laugh. Which led to me cry harder.

Then....the simplest of words made me stop....."Mom?"

Now, I'm sure he meant it as a "What the heck is wrong with you, woman???" But I took it as a "Mom, are you okay? Why are you crying so much? It's just milk, Mom." So, I paused and thought about what was making me cry.

It'd been a month since she last visited. It'd been 30 days in fact. I had been cramping a bit, moody a bit, hungry a bit, tired a bit, achey a bit. Yes, she was coming and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

The next day she was there and it was time to alleviate my PMS symptoms. What works for me?? Heating pads, ibuprofen, and chocolate. Oh, and cuddling an 18-month old that just won't eat his dinner.

Come share what works for you for your pms Here!

Be sure to check out all our topics at www.mothershideaway.com!




Thank you to We Are THAT Family for having Works for Me Wednesday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home