Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Works for Me Wednesday: Easing Hosting Strain!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday: Easing Hosting Strain!




Thanks Jojo for today's blog!

I used to love cooking and baking every holiday. I would take on the task of making multiple dishes without anyone helping. I enjoyed literally slaving over ingredients for days. Thanksgiving--I would take 3 days to get everything prepared and ready so that by the time Turkey day rolled around all I'd have to do was pop everything into the oven and it would be set.

But this year things are different. I don't have 3 whole days to get things prepared. Heck, I don't even have 3 hours to get things prepared so I am calling in help. Each family member will be bringing a dish to this years Thanksgiving table. I guess you can say we are having a potluck Thanksgiving! If you want to eat you must participate! Of course, I still have to have full reins on the turkey and one side dish.

I figured this new trick out when I said in advance that I was hosting Easter. I didn't really realize how tough it would be to host a dinner and have a newborn. Everyone pitched in and brought something and it was so stress free. There wasn't much to clean up and it was great.

Now to make it even more easier I might have to go buy some plastic forks and plates. This in addition to barely cooking works for me!


How do you handle the holidays? Tell us at www.mothershideaway.com!

Thanks to We Are THAT Family for hosting Works for Me Wednesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home