Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Kitchen Tips Tuesday- Letting your children help

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kitchen Tips Tuesday- Letting your children help




When cooking something in the kitchen, it seems inevitable that your children are going to have to be underfoot. They're in the kitchen asking for snacks, wanting to play a game, or just plain driving you crazy with "What are you doing? What are you doing now? How about now?" So how do you entertain your kids while still getting things done?

I found that turning the kitchen into our own Food Network set has made things fun! When baking cookies or putting together a meal, I get everything ready in dishes ready to put into the mix. Now granted, this does not work for every meal, but it sure makes things more fun! For example, I was making a pasta salad for a picnic. I had my 3 year old picking up his toys and washing his hands while I prepared the ingredients, and then he "made" the pasta salad.





The perfect way to get a meal or some baking done while letting your children help :)


How do you involve your children in the kitchen? Tell us at www.mothershideaway.com!

Thank you to Tammy's Recipes for hosting Kitchen Tips Tuesday!

2 Comments:

At November 10, 2009 at 9:45 AM , Anonymous Kimberley said...

That is such a great idea! I will be doing this when my little guy gets big enough for sure!

 
At November 10, 2009 at 10:38 AM , Anonymous Nikki said...

When I make something, I let my three year old mix it up. While I add the ingredients, she stirs away. When it gets too hard, I take over. Sometimes, I let her add things after I've measured them, but only with my help because she is apt to spilling. She loves to help, and I want to encourage her. Hopefully, in a few years, she'll be able to take over somewhat!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home