Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Kitchen Tips Tuesday- Vinyl Gloves!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kitchen Tips Tuesday- Vinyl Gloves!




Disposable gloves, either vinyl or latex. An absolute lifesaver. When I was working in a restaurant kitchen many moons ago I had issues with raw chicken: the feel of it made me gag. Not a good thing when you work in a kitchen. To solve the problem I picked up a $5 box of vinyl gloves so I could easily work with the chicken and I wouldn't get wigged out by the sensation.

It turned out to work for more than just that situation. I was in the back deboning some chickens when a customer came in (it was a small deli style restaurant with an open kitchen). The waitress was helping someone at a table and I was the only other one there so I slipped off the gloves and served the woman. Easy as pie! No hand washing required.

When I had my son two years ago I bought a box of vinyl gloves to keep in the kitchen because, inevitably, as soon as my hands touched raw meat of any kind he'd wake up/fall down/need my attention immediately and him screaming for whatever reason while I paused to wash my hands was not something I wanted to deal with. By using gloves all I had to do was take them off and I could touch him without worry and there was no stopping to wash my hands. I still do it because, as with any child, as soon as I'm unavailable he'll need me or my attention immediately.

Share your Kitchen Tips with us in our Recipe Forum on Mothers' Hideaway!

Thanks to Tammy's Recipes for hosting Kitchen Tips Tuesday!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At February 4, 2010 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Nitrile Gloves said...

Disposable gloves, either vinyl or latex. An absolute lifesaver. They can be used in medical or, non-medical issues.

nitrile gloves

 
At March 8, 2010 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Nitrile Gloves said...

Love the disposable gloves...they make life easier and keep my hands soft and beautiful.

moist wipes

 
At April 6, 2010 at 3:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The NSF Certification protocol covers disposable single-task gloves typically used for food handling, preparation, and service tasks. The protocol establishes criteria for product quality in terms of toxicology (indirect food additive), physical properties (tensile strength, elongation), barrier resistance (leakage), and sanitation (bio-burden). The criteria in the protocol are divided into general requirements for all gloves and material specific requirements that apply to the major material-types used in food contact gloves: polyethylene, vinyl gloves, natural rubber latex, nitrile gloves, and other synthetic blends.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home