Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Kitchen Tips Tuesday- Perfect Cheesecake

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kitchen Tips Tuesday- Perfect Cheesecake




Thanks Jo for today's Kitchen Tip!!

I love making cheesecake and eating it! Who doesn't? Okay maybe 1% of the population. BUT you know what I hate the most? When my cheesecake cracks just as I take it out of the oven. Luckily, I've never had to give a cheesecake as a gift so people overlook the mishap and dig in.

What I found through trial and error to fix this problem is to make sure that all my ingredients are at room temperature and to slowly bring down the heat in the oven once it's done baking. If you bring it from hot to cold too quickly that is where the mishap starts.

I always bake my cheesecake (new york style--no other like it!) on 325 for about 1.5 hours (depending) and then put the oven to 225 and crack the door open until it deflates.

80% of the time my cake comes out PERFECT. The other 20%-- well, just dig in.


Come share your Kitchen Tips with us in MH's Recipe forum!

Thanks to Tammy's Recipes for hosting Kitchen Tips Tuesday!

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At December 16, 2009 at 8:01 PM , Anonymous ~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

Hubs makes homemade cheesecakes and he does something very similar to this. His new glass bottom cheesecake pan also helps. :)

 
At December 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM , Anonymous Tracie said...

I have no tips or wisdom on this particular subject, but I will probably have to go buy a cheesecake after reading this....I'm feeling a little hungry now :)

 
At January 3, 2010 at 9:32 AM , Anonymous carma said...

Cheesecake rocks!! Good tip

Welcome to SITS! I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home