Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: MH Christmas Baking Challenge- week 2!

Friday, December 11, 2009

MH Christmas Baking Challenge- week 2!



 Thanks Carmen for today's baking challenge blog!

Here are some snowflake sugar cookie favors I made for tonight's staff and board Christmas party.


A couple of my "tricks". I never use margarine, I always use butter. Although I do cheat and buy store brand. I used the recipe on allrecipes.com called best rolled sugar cookies

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/The-Bes....aspx?prop31=2

and for my icing, I use this recipe

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/12/...nd-cookie.html

I'd go a little bit less on the milk. That's what I did this time because usually it's a little on the thin side and drips down the sides and I end up thickening it a bit. This time, I just left off the 2Tbls of milk and it was good.

The other "trick" I do is to roll the dough, cut out the cookies, place on sheets of parchment paper or wax paper and then stack those sheets on a cookie sheet and then chill them ALREADY CUT OUT. If you chill the dough, then roll and cut out, you've basically undone the whole chilling process by handling the dough after chilling. I've found that my dough actually holds the cute cut out shapes much better if I chill it after cutting it.

Those are just my tricks. I've pretty much stuck to what works now that I've found what I like. I'm to afraid of trying anything new when it comes to cut outs.





Visit our Recipe Forum for more great ideas!

Please add your link to your blog in the McLinky below! Link backs are appreciated or grab our button from the sidebar. Happy Baking :)

1 Comments:

At December 14, 2009 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous Jenny said...

These are really GREAT tips! Thank you so much. I never would have thought to cut and then chill them. Your cookies look fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home