Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Things I Love Thursday- Cleaning Delight

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Things I Love Thursday- Cleaning Delight


 Thanks so much Hillarie for today's blog!


I lied...cleaning isnt a delight.

I have yet to find joy in mopping floors or scrubbing toilets. The only thing Ive found delight or joy in is vacuuming and that's because I can turn on the music loud and rock out as I do it LOL.

However, I do have one little thing in my cleaning arsenal that makes me grin. My cleanser. Its my soft scrub type stuff that I got a recipe for and it works so well.

The first time I used it....my sinks shone in that sparkly white that you only see on silly tv commercials. You know with the sparkle stars leaping off the surface...thats what happened. I was hooked right then and there and it was so clean and sparkly that even my husband noticed and commented.

He NEVER EVER EVER notices when I clean ANYTHING, let alone comments. He's the kind of fella who wouldnt even notice a new haircut unless you had mentioned you were going to get one(and even then he might forget by the time you get back). So this was amazing to me.

Its a very simple cleanser that anyone can make and use. Its got regular dish soap, baking soda(a must for all cleaning...works great), vinegar, and water. I put it in a budget-friendly ketchup/mustard squirt bottle(you know those kinds you see at restaurants with the pointy lids). Much better than the old shampoo bottle I was using and it was less than a dollar. I think Id recommend using those for just about anything you need to squirt stuff out of.

So, I will post the "recipe" and if any of you use it...let me know what you think!

Budget-friendly and easy to make?? Cant be that bad, right??

Soft Cleanser Recipe:
16oz of baking soda
1/2 c. of liquid dish soap
1/3 c. of water
2 tbsp. of vinegar

Stir soap into baking soda.
Add water and stir til smooth.
Add vinegar and stir again.
Pour into bottle and shake before each use.




Come share cleaning solutions you love with us at our Mothers' Hideaway forums!



Thanks to The Diaper Diaries for hosting Things I Love Thursday!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 11, 2009 at 6:19 AM , Anonymous The Manic Mommy said...

Thanks for that great recipe! I'm pretty sure I am going to have to try that! And I can completly feel your pain on the man not noticing anything! Mines the same way! But I'm glad he noticed this time! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I hope to see you again! :) Happy "Things I love Thursday!" (Even tho it's now technically Friday! Lol)

 
At December 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM , Anonymous thediaperdiaries said...

Thank you. I am gradually using up my cleansers and switching to homemade, more green cleaners. Will definitely be trying this one soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home