Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Your first job

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Your first job

What was your first job? What memories do you have from it? How would you sum it up? Here are a few from our discussion:

My first legal job was as a front desk clerk in college. It was a suite hotel in my college town and I worked there for 3 years. I loved it. I had all sorts of perks and I could use the outdoor pool/spa anytime I wanted :nono: *sigh* The good ol' days of my college years

I babysat a lot then I worked at a summer recreation program for a few years. Then after college got a teachign job where I still work.

My first job was picking strawberries and blueberries at a berry farm just outside of my hometown. I think I was about 14 at the time. After that was doing dishes and working banquets at a golf course during the summers through part of high school. I don't count the berry picking as "real" work because I'm pretty sure that I ate more berries than I picked...

I was a grocery store clerk at Foodland. It was a blast. (rolleyes)


What I find interesting is the tone in the different responses.. some look back fondly, some look back with annoyance. What do you remember?

I have good memories of my first job. I worked for a doctor and his wife in their practice. They treated me like I was their own, and would check on my schoolwork constantly. If they knew I had a paper due or an exam coming up, they wouldn't let me come into work! However, the one thing beyond memories I have taken with me from them is the how to truly enjoy a work environment. These were two people who truly loved what they do, and that is not always such a common thing.

As teenagers, experiences shape your views, some which stay with you for a lifetime. A person's first job often influences how they approach future employment endeavors. So, how did your first job influence you?

What do you think about this? Visit our forum and tell us! See our topic of the day, plus a ton of others! http://mothershideaway.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=287

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home