Mothers' Hideaway Blog

has been moved to new address

http://www.mothershideaway.com/blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mothers' Hideaway: Mommy time

Monday, April 27, 2009

Mommy time

Moms are busy people. We spend our days working, whether its in or out of the home, taking care of our families, cooking dinners, cleaning up messes, wiping noses, kissing boo-boos.. whew. You get the idea. But, what do mommies do when they have the coveted "mommy time"?

This was a question posed on our forum. As I read the responses, including my own, a pattern caught my attention. Here, a few example answers:

Get on here or watch tv. That's pathetic! I have a coupon for a mani/pedi that Dh gave me for Christmas that I haven't used yet. Must do that ASAP!

I have one too!!! It expires in October so I need to go soon. I am thinking of bringing (my daughter) with me and having a mommy/daughter day.

OOO Yes You Must!! I have been wanting to do that too. Now that Sandle Season is back.

Notice a pattern?? These are just a few, but notice how the mommies, when asked what they do for mommy time, answer with what they "should" or "want to" do. Sure, answers included tv and some internet time, but is that even really an escape for mommy time? Instead of really doing something 100% for them, moms instead tend to do something semi-relaxing, like watching television, while still being completely accessible to her family.

Not so much mommy time, is it?

So, as we take our 5 minutes to be (insert name here) today, lets add on a few more one day this week, and do something where mommy can't be disturbed.


What do you think about this? Visit our forum and tell us! See our topic of the day, plus a ton of others! http://mothershideaway.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home